Friday, August 25, 2006

my new experimental cover letter!!!!!

So I just created this new cover letter...feel free to use it for your own jobs as well:

Dear Billabong,

When I saw your recent “Graphic Designer” posting on Malakye, it reminded of when I was a young hobbit (or designer) with a dream of wanting to become a great warrior in Mordor (or the action sports industry). I have been training for many years (at the University of Michigan studying graphic design) and have now learned to use my sword. I believe that my sword work could be well used by your Kingdom (or The Kingdom of Billabong). I have already slayed many dragons on my way and I continue to grow as a hobbit warrior. Please kind sirs take me on as one of your own.

As you can see from my resume, I am a graphic designer that graduated recently, from the University of Michigan’s School of Art & Design with an emphasis in Graphic Design.

I previously worked for the University’s Graphic Design Department, which has provided me with knowledge of how a design department works. I am familiar with all aspects of print design, from client interaction to dealing with printers,
and most...

No comments: